- Students are prepared for 21st C college and career through exciting, real world multimedia projects, with excellent instruction in Science, Math, Social Studies, and English! Many AP classes are available! We have a big school program with very personal service. We get to know our students very well, to help them find their personal path to success! We have the advantages of a comprehensive school with many choices in courses, clubs, sports, activities, leadership, and various academic and afterschool programs to support and engage you!
- The Multimedia Academy has its own counselor to assist you in graduating, and Belmont has a full time college counselor to help in getting into college!
- Why "Multimedia"? The Multimedia Industry is a major part of LA's $200 billion "Creative Economy" and a major local employer - Otis Report. Get ready for Los Angeles, a global center of media arts!
- Our Multimedia Subjects include: Drawing, Animation, Web Design, Video, Music Production, Digital Imaging, Photography, Multimedia Journalism, Advertising Design, Game Design, Drama. Our teachers have decades of experience in media production and instruction!
- Interdisciplinary instruction combines various subject areas into engaging projects!
- Yearly Grants support new high-tech multimedia equipment!
- Equipment is available for student check-out: video and music production laptops and cameras.
- Multimedia graduates have gone on to many prestigious college programs including MIT, Williams, UCLA, USC, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Cal States, as well as work in the media arts industry.
- Partners that have supported our program: Cal Arts Summer Program, Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment, Film Production with the Philipino Workers Center, Hispanic Fund Summer Symposium at UCLA, and Upward Bound with Occidental College, USC, and LACC
- Many "Thanks!" to John Morarity, well-known industry lighting wizard, for his contributions of advise, curriculum, and industry connections!
- Huge "Thanks!" to our new partner, Ableton Music Software ("Live"), for their generous contribution to our program!
- "Thanks" to the California Alliance for Arts Education for their valuable partnership in the Student Voices Campaign - and a trip to San Francisco Art Institute for our students.
- Stay tuned for a possible equipment donation from Cinelease for our mini-soundstage!
- Stay tuned for a developing relationship with USC's MxR Virtual Reality Lab and Annenberg's Multimedia Journalism program.
- Mentorship, job shadowing, field trip and career path providers have included: Fox Studios, The Bresee Foundation, The Grammy Museum, Gnomon College, and AT&T, Google and Facebook.
- Please contact us if you have questions or would like to become a partner!
- Lead Teacher/Coordinator - Dain Olsen email@example.com
- Counselor - Young Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Artworks - Digital Imaging - Just a few examples of what students produced in the Fall! Great work people!
Field Trip to Gnomon College of Visual Effects and Animation - Impressive Program!
Everyday Life in Multimedia! Submit any other photos to your teacher or a Leadership student!
Southern California Institute of Architecture! Apply for the Summer Design Immersion Days!
USC MxR Virtual Reality Lab and School of Cinema!
Warner Brothers Studio Tour! Where the magic happens!